Sunday, February 23, 2014

Hook yourself up first. Who's gonna loan you money to retire on ?

I recently met with DJ client who asked me a couple question about financial maters. I had attempted to work with his financial plan two years ago, and he kept putting me off. Now he's realizing that he wants to create something to help his child who could attend college in two years. So now he's ready to open a 529 account and asked me to just prepare the papers and he's ready to sign. I noted that I'm currently not involved in the financial services field while I'm completing my Masters, and then referred him to a few of the professionals I work with for my investments (Ron McLean, Joey Colisito, and John Epting). After that disclosure I asked "How much do you have in your retirement accounts ?" He noted that he's not worried about him, he wants his child to go to school. My response: "Hook yourself up first. It's easier to find college money than it is to find retirement money. Who's gonna loan you money to retire on ?"

My point: Invest in your future first. If you don't have anything growing to live on when you cannot work anymore, you will be dependent upon others. If you want your children to have a good future, invest in yourself so you will not be a burden upon them later. If you are not investing a mimimum of 10% of your income into your future, meet with a financial adviser soon.
Sek0
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Seko Varner heads Positive Vibes Financial. They specialize in debt reduction, and make non-compensated referrals to outside entity professionals for investments, and insurances. Seko is also in high demand as a special events DJ and owns an event marketing service. Seko has diverse background in business, real estate, counseling and Special Education. www.HappilyEverAfter.Be or call 757-932-0177 for more details.

No comments: